"From the perspective of an equipment supplier, I know that if a customer is using Mica primers, they will be set up for success.
Mica’s products perform and are backed by technical support. When questions do come up, I have always been impressed by how Mica’s technical team responds quickly and accurately."
- Lou Piffer, Davis-Standard, LLC
BIPCO is Mica's exclusive partner in South Africa. BIPCO is Mica's exclusive partner in South Africa. BIPCO is Mica's exclusive partner in South Africa. BIPCO is Mica's exclusive partner in South Africa. BIPCO is Mica's exclusive partner in South Africa. BIPCO is Mica's exclusive partner in South Africa. BIPCO is Mica's exclusive partner in South Africa.
The PackOne team has been Mica's exclusive distributor in India since 2018.
The Unique Trading team is based in Lahore and has several years of experience providing solutions and support for the flexible packaging and ink manufacturing industries in Pakistan. Unique Trading partners with Mica to provide adhesion promoters and technical service to converters with extrusion lamination capabilities.
Mica's exclusive associate in Korea since 1988.
Mica's exclusive agent in the Philippines since 1994.
PKD has been Mica's exclusive associate in Peru since 1994.
Mica's exclusive partner in Mexico since 1994.
Mica's exclusive partner in South Africa since 1995.
Cahota has been Mica's exclusive representative in China since 2003.
BY Engenharia has been Mica's exclusive representative in Brazil since 2010.
Concepts Worldwide has been representing Mica in Turkey since 2011
Mica's exclusive associate in the Middle East since 2018
PackOne has been Mica's exclusive primer supplier in India since 2018.
Mica's exclusive associate in Pakistan since 2020
PT Eka Warna Kimia has been Mica's exclusive distributor in Indonesia since 2022.
Mica’s Extrusion Coating Pilot Line, located at Mica’s headquarters in Shelton, CT, makes it possible to produce multi-layer structures in a fraction of the time it would take on standard extrusion equipment.
Mica’s pilot line is 1/5th of the size of a typical extrusion coating line, which means it needs only small quantities of raw materials and resin. Changeovers are fast, so dozens of complicated test structures can be generated quickly. Test results on this line adapt well on commercial production equipment with minimum parameter changes.
With a wide range of capabilities, this equipment can be used for typical and specialty structures.
The pilot line can be rented out hourly, or daily so that you get the exact amount of time you need to complete projects of all sizes. Can’t make it to our headquarters? Mica’s team of experts can generate the samples for you and securely ship them to you, anywhere in the world.
- Enercon Corona Treater
- Euclid Offset Gravure Lab Coater
- Open pan
- Direct gravure applicator with doctor blade
- Smooth roll and reverse capabilities
- PCMC Extreme Dryer
- Ozone Generator
- Randcastle Extrusion Coater
- 1 inch (25 mm) screw, 24:1 L/D
- 3 heated and cooled barrel zones
- Temperature controlled adapter and die zones
- Melt temperature and pressure readouts
- 10 inch (254 mm) slot die
- Adjustable die positions for changing air gap and offset
- Approx. 26 lbs/hour (12 kg/hour) maximum resin throughput for LDPE
- Secondary unwind for extrusion laminations
- Maximum Unwind/ Rewind Roll Diameter: 12 inches (300 mm)
- Unwind/ Rewind Core Diameter: 3 inches (76 mm)
- Maximum Line Speed: 100 ft/min (30m/min)
- Maximum Web Width: 12 inches (300 mm)
- Minimum Web Width: 11 inches (280 mm)